Building an oil plant with Enefit-technology
In 2009 Eesti Energia started building the first of the next generation of oil plants in Narva. The plant will use 2.26 million tonnes of oil shale each year to produce 290,000 tonnes of shale oil, 75 million cubic metres of the highly energy-efficient retort gas and 280 GWh of electricity. The new plant uses the latest Enefit technology, which has been developed jointly by Eesti Energia and the international engineering company Outotec. The factory was built in 2012.
The new Enefit technology is clean, energy efficient and economical, and it meets all EU environmental regulations. Enefit Solutions is making some of the machinery and doing the general design work for the plant, and is also a partner for building and assembling the machinery. Eesti Energia Electrotechnics and Automation is installing the electrical and automatic units.
Work for the oil shale plant
- Design for the 1000-tonne retort: design work and shop drawings;
- Manufacture of 2000 tonnes of equipment from carbon steel and stainless steel;
- Oil shale plant electrical filter weighing 800 tonnes, built by Eesti Energia Tehnoloogiatööstus in partnership with Elex of Switzerland. This filter is designed to eliminate solid particles from production gases in order to comply with strict environmental regulations;
- Retort weighing 700 tonnes;
- Circulating fluidised bed weighing 175 tonnes;
- Other equipment;
- Manufacture of 5600 tonnes of steel structures: galleries, stairs, support elements, roofs, walls etc;
- Installation of 10 000 tonnes of equipment and steel structures;
- Supply and building work for 2500 tonnes of stonework;
- Supply and installation of 15000 m² of insulation work.